Access to Finance Technical Lead - Rwanda
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Technical Lead, Business Development Services, for the anticipated USAID-funded Nguriza Nshore program. Nguriza Nshore is focused on alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship and increasing access to financing, in order to create off-farm businesses that will grow to provide productive employment for rural populations.
- Lead efforts to catalyze financing (debt and equity) to support investment in off-farm businesses by Rwandan entrepreneurs
- Provide capacity building and technical support to a range of Rwandan financial institutions to encourage lending to new sectors
- Facilitate and/or design training and technical assistance activities for financial institutions to improve their ability to lend to entrepreneurs (e.g. build analytical abilities, improve technical knowledge of market opportunities and financing prospects)
- Engage with Rwandan banks and other financial intermediaries to structure transactions
- Support the deepening of the financial system with new actors, products and services (e.g. angel-investors, venture capital funds)
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business Administration, Economics, Trade or related field of study); Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience related to the scope of work
- Five years of experience working in the financial sector, preferably in Rwanda
- Experience supporting Rwandan enterprises to access finance and investment
- Ability to analyze company financial statements, and experience in deal origination, structuring, and closure
- Experience working with the commercial banking sector or as a fund manager
- Must have demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Fluency in English required