Accountant - Ukraine
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of USAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Eliminating corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
Palladium seeks qualified applicants for a short-term Accounting assignment for Health Reform Support project (HRSP) in Ukraine.
- Provide expert support to the Project team in the field of accounting of municipal non-profit enterprises - PHC providers.
- Provide consultations in the process of drafting financial plan and designing an electronic tool for financial planning of revenues and expenditures of primary health care providers.
- Contribute to the development of financial sustainability indicators for municipal non-profit enterprises - PHC providers.
- Prepare relevant documents and reports related to the implementation of tasks set by the Project team.
- Take part in discussions, meetings and consultations on accounting of municipal non-profit enterprises - PHC providers.
- Perform other tasks, as required.
Duration: Short term, as requested
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- At least MA in Business Accounting.
- At least five years of experience in the field of Business Accounting (accounting of a municipal non-profit enterprise-PHC health care provider is a bonus).
- Experience in business economics and financial analysis.
- Experience in health financing-related areas.
- Understanding of regulatory and financial framework of the health system in Ukraine.
- High professional language proficiency (Ukrainian).
Interested candidates should submit a current resume with a cover letter online at us.ApplyUkraine@thepalladiumgroup.com by the close date.