Administration Assistant - Pacific Labour Facility (PLF), Brisbane
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Program are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).
As Administration Assistant some of your main duties will include:
- Maintaining central filing system, office supplies track record, office utilities usage;
- Assisting with office photocopying, filing and typing;
- Ensuring accurate and efficient management of correspondence, invitations, files, records and databases of contacts;
- Providing administrative and secretarial support to program team, including arranging meetings and events;
- Acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the PLF office, answer ing the office telephone and re-directing calls to the most appropriate person;
- Maintaining hard and soft copies of program documents in compliance with DFAT Record Management policies; and
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Operations Manager consistent with the incumbent's qualifications and experience.
The Administration Assistant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Experience in office administration, especially in support function of large scale of organization;
- Proven track record in office management systems and procedures;
- Able to use technology effectively to support the operations of a large program or organisation;
- High level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web browsers;
- Good interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context; and
- Ability to work to deadlines, and to balance competing priorities.
Applicants must have full permanent work rights for Australia as no visa sponorship will be provided. Candidates who are willing to relocate for the position must do so at their own expense as no relocation package is available