Agronomist, Agricultural Competitiveness and Agribusiness - Nigeria
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness and Agribusiness projects. The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks seeks experienced Agronomists to support activities in areas associated with Agriculture Competitiveness and Agribusiness.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Degree in Agronomy (crops/livestock) and post graduate training/experiences in market driven farming systems development/management
- At least 10 years experience of market driven farming/production system development in an international setting; preferably with USAID;
- Strong knowledge of sustainable livelihoods approaches
- Experience working with farmers organizations and/or agricultural cooperatives
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills