Analyst, Accounts Payable
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe primary purpose of this role is to ensure that payment of suppliers and recording of supplier invoices are done in an accurate and timely manner and in compliance with the appropriate credit terms and internal controls. The role is also expected to contribute to completion of Accounts Payable workload.
- Undertake the day to day operations of the processing and payment of suppliers
- Check invoices to ensure they have all the relevant information and are coded correctly
- Match purchase orders to the invoices
- Maintain source documents for processing expense reports and AP vouchers
- Review, correct and organize vendor invoices and create vouchers for data entry
- Set up vendors in Costpoint system and maintain reconciled records for accurate preparation of year-end Form 1099 reporting
- Process invoices on the business system for each project/company
- Reconcile the creditors to creditor statements and ensure general ledger balances with creditor sub-ledger
- Key in mobile phone, credit card expenses
- Prepare ACH and weekly wire transfers and provide notice of payments to internal and external clients
- Prepare check payments
- Process expense claims and credit card statements
- Resolve and respond to vendors/suppliers and employees inquiries promptly and in a positive manner
- Maintain an organized filing system and coordinate archiving of old records
- Prepare analysis of AP, prepaid and advance accounts and reconcile payments
- Assist with month-end closing processes and help to organize monthly accounting reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of priorities, policies and procedures relating to Accounts Payable
- Identify opportunities for Accounts Payable process improvement
- Any other duties as required within Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor?s degree in a relevant field preferred; direct work experience may be substituted
- Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience
- Experience with Accounts Payable and accounting functions preferred
- Basic understanding of Accounts Payable principles, systems and procedures
- Good administration, organization and planning skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good standard of written and oral communication skills in English
- Familiarity with basic computer packages such as Microsoft Office
- Accounting software experience with Deltek Costpoint preferred