Associate, Capital Advisory Services - Washington, D.C.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Enclude Capital Advisory Services (Enclude) is part of The Palladium Group, an international advisory firm that works with governments, businesses and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. For the past 50 years, Palladium has been helping clients to see the world as interconnected - by formulating strategies, building partnerships, and implementing programmes that have a lasting social and financial impact. With a global network operating in over 90 countries, Palladium is in the business of making the world a better place.
Within Palladium, the Enclude team develops capital solutions for social enterprises, sustainable financial institutions, and impact fund managers, investors and funders. We are a team of 12 impact investing professionals, based in London and Washington, DC, tackling global and local challenges that require creative, hands-on and people-focused approaches to mobilizing capital and unlocking positive impact.
Our three broad sets of services are transactions (capital raising fund placement and M&A), capital structuring advisory (financing strategy and investment vehicle design) and transaction related services. We are a regulated business, authorized to conduct corporate finance work in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.Project Overview and Role
If you have a minimum of 1-2 years in investment banking/strategy consulting and can demonstrate an interest in impact investing then this could be the position for you. This role offers a career in a transaction environment within the growing impact investing market. The Associate will be a key contributor to 2-4 project teams simultaneously, across services lines, and will also support more general business development and practice building efforts.
ResponsibilitiesClient mandate execution
Business development and practice building
- Market research, business and financial analyses
- Preparing client deliverables that include, strategy presentations, transaction marketing materials, research documents and financial models
- Support in project management, including participation in and documentation of calls with clients and investors, making arrangements for due diligence, data room maintenance, etc.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Participation in conference calls, including weekly pipeline calls, and assistance in tracking and monitoring of pipeline developments
- Research, drafting, editing and formatting of proposals and conference presentations
- Contribution to the knowledge base of the team and improvement of internal processes and tools
- If required, from time to time, to work with other teams within the Palladium Group, for example on proposal development or financial modelling tasks.
- Share our values and passions:
- Sees impact investing as a means to shift the paradigm and transform the world of finance to work better for the world
- Thinks about challenges and solutions in their broader context
- Can create solutions to complex challenges
- Is not afraid to roll-up their sleeves and do some heavy lifting
- Is willing to learn and is someone who we could learn from.
- Have a strong work ethic:
- Is able to balance competing demands with keen attention to detail and light supervision
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to deliver consistently high levels of accuracy, efficiency and follow-through
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and proactively ask questions as needed.
- Experience working within investment banking, private equity, consulting, corporate development, development finance, venture capital, accountancy or related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sound understanding of financial modelling
- Ability to structure and organise data-sets in Excel
- Some prior exposure to project management or transaction work-flow
- Proficient in using PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated interest in impact investing and/or related areas.