Associate, Contracts and Compliance
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Associate, Contracts and Compliance reports to the Manager, Contracts and Compliance and serves as part of the Contracts and Compliance team providing support and assistance as required. The role will provide assistance in interpreting, applying, and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations, company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines, and client rules and regulations. The position periodically contributes to the development of policies, processes and procedures that align with best practices in Contracts and Compliance.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Associate, Contracts and Compliance are to:
Acquisition and assistance
- Assist with management of the contracting and procurement policy, procedures, and management system as applicable to specific donor needs
- Support field procurement; advise on compliance with company anti-corruption and due diligence processes
- Support Manager, Contracts and Compliance with advise and research on project subcontractor / grant management procedures and ensure compliance with the company?s SOPs and Guidelines and client?s rules and regulations
- Support Project Operations staff with contract action requests and amendments
- Support the maintenance of acquisition and assistance templates for all operations in presence countries as required
- Support the implementation of real property leases
- Partner engagement and client relationship management
- Support the Contracts and Compliance management with project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the preparation and maintenance of project specific components of the project operations manual as applicable to Contracts and Compliance
- Support the Contracts and Compliance management with researching and responding to requests from Project Operations staff and clients
- Assist the Contracts and Compliance management with country registration requirements and coordinate with other corporate services to accomplish registration
- Support Contracts and Compliance staff with ensuring that in country registrations are up to date and in compliance with Company policy
- Support Contracts and Compliance with engaging and liaising with external legal counsel/law firms for local contract and compliance actions
- Support the implementation of documentation and records retention processes to ensure compliance of operations in presence countries as required
- Support the creation of brief compliance profiles for new and ongoing projects for reference and guidance of Program Directors and Program Operations staff, and update them as necessary
- Ensure that internal controls set out in company business processes are in place at all times; ensure that Contracts and Compliance reports as required, on issues and risks and ensure responses to resolve issues and avoid, manage, mitigate or share risks, escalating issue and risk management if required
- Support the external audit process and advise on records retention as required to be compliant with company policy
- Assist with the development of policies as required to cover gaps highlighted during compliance reviews
- Under the guidance of Contracts and Compliance management, conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls in projects and country offices
- Support the training of the program and operations staff on compliance with client/donor regulations and contractual requirements
- Support Contracts and Compliance staff with capture planning and providing inputs on Contracts and Compliance requirements, including but not limited to the requirements for company registration, banking arrangements, and procurement considerations
- Provide input and support business development as required
- Suggest, develop, or contribute to development and refinement of policies, business processes, templates, and guidance documents related to procurement, contracts, grants, and compliance with those documents
- Support project start-ups and close-outs
- Support the completeness and accuracy of SharePoint repository of all Contracts and Compliance material including contractual documents for the purpose of audits and senior leadership reporting
- Support training and guidance to project staff on and ensure compliance with client/donor regulations, company policies, SOPs, Guidelines and contractual requirements.
RequirementsMinimum Education and Experience Required
- A relevant Bachelor?s degree
- Contracts and/or compliance support experience with USAID or other donor client(s)
- Some work experience in a developing country or similar environment would be an advantage
- Some exposure to contracts and compliance requirements for USAID, DFID, or DFAT wold be an advantage
- Strong focus on systems, impact, and results
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in French, Spanish, or local dialect desirable
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Willingness to deliver training to diverse audiences
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- MS Office productivity tools; knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Willingness to travel as needed