Associate, Human Resources - APAC (12 month FTC, Parental Leave) - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
This role provides transactional and operational support throughout the employee lifecycle in its entirety and assists the HR Director, APAC to deliver people solutions that are aligned to business objectives, across the region. This role also supports the HR Director to deliver global HR initiatives and provide operational support.
- Perform all administrative activities related to the employee lifecycle, from on boarding of new hires through to internal transfers, promotions and other changes and culminating in the exit process;
- Advise employees and managers on the application and interpretation of HR policies and procedures, benefits and other HR initiatives;
- Liaise with Payroll, Finance and IT as and when required to ensure employee transactions are processed accurately and efficiently;
- Prepare monthly management reports, ensuring accuracy and timeliness each month;
- Complete the annual WGEA survey and report, ensuring accuracy and timeliness and alerting the HR Director to any issues of potential non-compliance;
- Coordinate the Onboarding Program, ensuring all new employees are given a professional welcome to Palladium that is consistent with the Guiding Principles. Ensure buddies are appointed and managers are aware of their responsibilities with regard to Onboarding.
- Organise HR inductions, training and orientation programs as required;
- Organise the Business Refresher training program, liaising with presenters, scheduling sessions, taking attendance and seeking feedback; ensuring a library of training materials is created for future reference;
- Support all other L&D initiatives in the region under the direction of the HR Director;
- Support the region's Sustainable Business strategy, delivering projects and tasks as and when required;
- Ensure that the company is meeting its legal obligations by maintaining a current knowledge of relevant IR legislation and professional HR practice, liaising with Contracts & Compliance as and when required;
- Provide administrative support in processing invoices, maintaining employee files and other tasks as required;
- Perform other job-related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
RequirementsEducation and experience required
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Relevant HR or business related qualification
- Relevant work experience
- Considerable experience with HRIS (Sage People experience highly regarded)
- A solid understanding of Employment Law
- Experience working in a global project setting
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Confidence and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the confidentiality of discussions and records
- Detail oriented with an ability to work quickly and accurately within a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- High level of professional credibility and integrity
- Willingness to travel if and when required