Associate, Human Resources - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Human Resources Associate provides direct support to the HR team and stakeholders. Working with the Human Resources team, the Generalist/Analyst will assist with all aspects of Human Resources including, but not limited to, training and development, benefits, HRIS projects and data analytics, communicating policies and procedures, performance management, orientation and off-boarding.
The Human Resources Associate will work with the larger US-based Human Resources team, project teams and global counterparts across the organization.
ResponsibilitiesTraining and Development
- Monitor and coordinate Training. Collaborate with Compliance departments on training initiatives.
- Assist with access to, and monitoring of the Learning Management System.
- Provide monthly reports on training projects, as requested by stakeholders.
Employee Engagement and Benefits
- Provide HRIS support by creating standard and complex reports based on specific stakeholder requests.
- Provide regular and timely maintenance for HRIS system.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of HRIS records.
- Create, run, analyse reports from the HRIS system to support HR team, including but not limited to Compensation and benefits, training compliance, accounting and finance, Operations and Data Analysis.
- Support the interfaces between various internal systems (including Costpoint, Timesheets, HR Compass, PM Compass, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Conduct onboarding for new hires, communications to payroll with appropriate forms.
- Collect and report on exit interview trends.
- Work across the business disciplines to support change at a functional and transactional level.
- Coordinate open enrolment meetings and materials, field questions and schedule coordination.
- Collect and communicate payroll changes per pay period, including reaching out to internal stakeholders for clarification when required;
- Receive and coordinate domestic benefits-related changes, updates, additions, and terminations;
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Manage employee relations in accordance with policies, best practices and within federal and state laws.
- Ability to be flexible and deal with constantly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, analytical, problem-solver and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current state and federal laws.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Willingness to learn
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Progressive work experience in HRIS, Training and Employee Relations
- Strong aptitude for working with systems, including ERP, web-based tools, and vendor websites;
- SHRM certification