Associate, International Proposal Recruitment - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Economic Growth at The Palladium Group is a dynamic practice with talented colleagues working toward the goal of reducing poverty in the developing world. Palladium has led more than 250 economic growth projects in over 100 countries, lifting hundreds of thousands of people out of poverty. We work with public and private partners to identify and address the most critical roadblocks to economic growth and agricultural development. With an emphasis on long-term sustainability, Palladium builds market-driven networks of capable partners to: link suppliers to buyers; fill skills gaps; strengthen supply chains; widen access to finance, transfer productivity-enhancing technology, speed up border clearance processes, and improve transport and logistics services. Palladium is implementing economic and agricultural development projects in dozens of countries in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, and Europe.
Palladium is a new name for a global company that has a 50+year history of catalyzing positive impact for development institutions and for corporations. If you have expertise in agricultural value chains; FtF (Feed the Future); market systems; private sector development; access to finance; public-private partnerships; workforce development; trade; natural resources management; or economic policy reform, we are interested in hearing from you.
Palladium is a catalyst. Help us bring positive impact to economies and people around the world!
The purpose of this position is to manage the end-to-end proposal recruitment process for Palladium America's Economic Growth and Governance practice. The candidate will be responsible for effectively partnering with proposal teams and hiring managers to generate and maintain a network of senior candidates for prospective field positions, and working with independent recruitment professionals as needed. The International Proposal Recruiter will be responsible for assisting proposal teams in sourcing candidates at the pre-proposal and proposal stage and vetting, selection (with proposal teams) and negotiation of contracts with preferred candidates.
- Provide timely and effective recruitment solutions by participating in both pre-proposal preparation and live capture efforts, reading RFP/RFA requirements and liaising with proposal teams to ensure full understanding of their requirements, preferences and timeframes;
- Gather all the relevant information about the vacancies (job descriptions, appropriate salary bands etc.) and agree on attraction strategy, etc.;
- Apply innovative sourcing methodologies and participate in various activities such as campus visits, job fairs, conferences etc. to generate candidate referrals and networks while also using social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates;
- Develop role descriptions, candidate rosters, organizational charts, and staffing plans in pre-proposal stage of capture
- Negotiate candidate salaries, benefits and allowances within proposal/project budget and client regulations
- Ensure that all candidates meet requirements specified in RFA/RFP and that all staffing documentation submitted complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other proposal/project documents)
- Maintain networks in critical technical sectors to facilitate effective recruitment
- Create rosters of experts for strategic and upcoming bids and key project replacement staff
- Travel to field as needed for reconnaissance, pre-positioning and local recruitment efforts
- Assist with key project recruitment efforts as needed.
- Experience in international proposal or project recruitment, project delivery, or new business.
- Knowledge of international development and donor-funded programs
- Proven track record in an end to end recruitment role
- Familiarity with USAID proposal recruitments for key personnel and with USG overseas benefits.
- Experience negotiating compensation and benefit packages consistent with USG and local laws.
- Strong interviewing, outreach, and marketing skills
- Preferred: Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, Arabic, Spanish.