Associate, Payable Specialist - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the accurate recording of supplier invoices and supplier payments are done in a timely manner and in compliance with the appropriate credit terms and internal controls for the Asia Pacific (APAC) Regional Business Partnership.
The primary responsibilities of the Associate, Payable Specialist
- Undertake the day to day operations of the processing and payment of supplier invoices, expense claims and additional payments as required;
- Vendor set up
- Document compliance
- Validation of project and account codes
- Validation of approvals
- Data entry
- Ensure Accounts Payable policies and procedures are implemented consistently across the group
- Preparation of payments including;
- Ad-hoc payments
- File upload payments
- ACH payments
- Telegraphic transfers
- Maintain credit card register and process credit card acquittals
- Manage Accounts Payable mail box, including printing of payment request and attending to queries
- Upload and post all weekly, semi-monthly and monthly regional field vouchers
- Processing ad-hoc and monthly recodes
- Other duties as and when required within Finance
- Diploma/Degree in Finance, business or accounts administration preferred
- Relevant experience in Finance/Accounting field
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable Systems and Procedures
- Fundamental understanding of Accounting
- Strong administration, organisation and planning skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient in the Microsoft Office Suite