Associate, Payroll - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The primary responsibility of the role will be to support the payroll function in all matters, including daily payroll processing, assisting with salary disbursements, handling payments to employees, assisting the time collection function and liaising with the Human Resources department for the Asia Pacific (APAC) Regional Business Partnership.
The primary responsibilities of the Associate, Payroll
- Process assigned payroll payments and any outsourced payrolls accurately and obtain the necessary authorization for payments
- Maintain the payroll master file in conjunction with information and instructions received from HR, Project management and the Finance department.Assist Payroll Specialist to ensure that all increases, adjustments, leave, variable pay and bonus provisions are accurately calculated and recorded
- Process payment of expenses or allowances as authorised
- Ensure that the payroll outsourcing provider is updated with all changes as required, all data and figures provided to them are accurate and submitted on time. Assist in liaising and regular communication with any payroll outsourcing providers that Palladium uses
- Liaising and processing service termination functions and the on boarding of new employees
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of semi-monthly payrolls and preparation for review and approval
- Coordinate the transfer of salary funds to the bank
- Respond to queries from employees and external agencies on payroll and benefits related issues
- Ensuring proper filing of all payrolls records and maintains confidentiality of records and also updating and maintaining all other employee related records (electronic and paper)
- Assist Payroll Specialist to ensure that the company complies with SG reporting requirements processing superannuation payments, group and payroll tax as per legislation requirements
- Assisting in formulating any reports as requested by Management, HR or Finance
- Play an active role in improving HR/Payroll work processes
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager, Payroll Specialist and Group Financial Controller
- Certificate in Payroll Office Administration or similar
- experience in full function of Payroll processing
- Experience working with major Australian payroll systems. ADP Payforce National experience advantageous
- Knowledge of Payroll Tax and Superannuation requirements in Australia advantageous
- Understanding of basic accounting practices and procedures.