Associate, Project Operations
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking a Program Associate/Senior Associate to provide administrative and operational assistance in the implementation of project activities. This is a full-time, entry-level position based in the Operations Department in Washington, DC. The incumbent will gain broad exposure to the design and implementation of international programs in developing countries. This position will work under the direction of an operations manager to manage project procurement, equipment inventories; travel arrangements, financial reporting, hiring and orientation training, and new employee orientation for the project.
- Provide general program operations assistance to project technical staff and administrators;
- Backstop regions/country programs, core activities, and local offices;
- Support field offices through e-mail and phone calls, while being clear and concise and providing excellent service;
- Proactive issue management and problem-solving to ensure contractual compliance with client and other regulations;
- Maintain project-wide communication channels and interface with project staff according to the team's needs;
- Develop and process project consultant agreements, subcontracts, letter agreements, purchase orders, grants, etc.;
- Review and process invoices from consultants, subcontractors, grantees, and vendors and track and record deliverables;
- Track financial transactions and payments to ensure prompt payment of invoices;
- Maintain filing system for project administrative, financial, and technical documents;
- Maintain and update program operations on center database and SharePoint site for assigned region and activities as needed;
- Organize-team meetings and take minutes as needed, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsMinimum education and experience required
- A relevant Bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with high capacity for attention to detail required
- Inquisitive and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent deadlines
- Financial management skills desirable and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Understanding of Project Management.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Willingness to travel in developing countries and elsewhere.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with diverse cultural and professional staff members
- Aims to beat expectations - excellent skills in managing assigned workload
- French or Spanish language capabilities preferred