Business Associate, IMSAR - Rwanda
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleProgramme Overview
Improving Market Systems in Agriculture for Rwanda (IMSAR) is a 4-year programme that aims to increase the income of poor households operating in targeted agricultural markets through adopting a market systems approach to attract investment and stimulate inclusive growth. IMSAR is a GBP ?13.5M programme funded by the UK government through the Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented by Palladium International. The programme uses a combination of market development services, technical assistance and a short to medium term grants finance facility to design and implement innovative approaches to increasing incomes of the rural poor and catalysing inclusive growth.
ResponsibilitiesKey Duties and Responsibilities
IMSAR is looking for entrepreneurial fresh graduates with a strong business acumen - analytical, creative thinkers and fast learners that are keen to get first-hand experience working with a management consulting firm and get national and international exposure.
The Business Associate advises national and international private sector companies on business solutions that better reach rural customers. He/She will conduct research, identify and develop innovative business opportunities and manage projects using business analytics to optimise growth as well as social impact on the rural economy.
- Undertakes data collection and research for analysing specific markets/sectors and agriculture commodities
- Analyses constraints that businesses face and assist in developing market strategies to address them
Business Models Design and Data-driven Adaptation
- Identifies, assess and selects potential private/public partners.
- Contributes to the development of sustainable business models to increase sector competitiveness
- Regularly uses data and evidence to enhance business models
- Negotiates deals with private/public partners to implement innovative business models
- Develops contract documents
- Together with private/public partners develops detailed workplans and budgets as the basis of partnership contracts
- After the contracting stage, oversee the management of the project (implementation of the business plan)
- Monitors the progress and adjusts the business plan/model to successfully increase competitiveness
- Provides accurate monthly forecasting of budgets based on regular monitoring of partnership contracts
- Acts for the partnership/s as the focal contact person
Results Measurement (RM) and Communication
- Supported by the RM Manager conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of partnerships
- Undertakes regular impact projections for on-going and pipeline interventions
- Supports the development of communication products
The Business Associate will be based in in Kigali with frequent travel outside of Kigali
- Relevant academic qualifications in a related field
- A sound understanding of business administration and economics
- Strong analytical mind and a flair for facts, data and innovation
- Experience in data analysis using MS Excel or other data analytics tool
- Attitude for out of the box thinking
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with clients and in teams
- Ability and experience in business plan development
- Willingness to learn from mistakes
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
- Ability to manage tasks and responsibilities while in the office or when traveling
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.