Call for Resumes: Bangladesh Upcoming Agricultural Activity
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is seeking candidates with experience in several technical areas for an anticipated five-year, $19M USAID-funded project to support the Government of Bangladesh (GOB) achieve its food security objectives through increasing the private sector's (especially agribusinesses) capacity to effectively link Bangladeshi smallholder and commercial farmers to the domestic and international market. The result of this program will be a more effective, responsible, and profitable private sector, which leads to increased productivity and income of farmers and improved food security of Bangladesh. The project will accomplish this goal through achieving three objectives: 1) Inclusive and sustainable agriculture-led growth through a market systems approach, 2) Strengthened resilience among people and systems and 3) A well-nourished population, especially women and children.
The project will support private sector firms to commercialize and scale-up proven business models, while also providing assistance to develop, test and pilot new and innovative market-based solutions. New private sector partnerships, markets, and beneficiaries will be facilitated throughout the activity implementation at all levels of engagement.
Palladium seeks long-term candidates with the following technical and operational capabilities:
- Market Systems Development
- Commercialization and Partnership Development
- Gender and Inclusion
- Financial Inclusion
- Private Sector Development
- Business Enabling Environment
- Grants Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA)
- Finance and Administration
This position is contingent upon USAID award and approval.
- Advanced degree in business, agriculture, economics, finance, international development, or other closely related field.
- At least eight years of experience in roles related to business (agribusiness preferred), partnership building, stakeholder management, business development, or other expertise area listed above
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English fluently; proficiency in Bengali preferred
- Experience working directly to target vulnerable groups into market opportunities.
- At least five years' experience in private sector development in Bangladesh or Southeast Asia region preferred.
- At least three years' experience on donor-funded projects for economic growth preferred.