Call for Techncial Experts, Rwanda
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks Technical Experts for the anticipated USAID-funded project in Rwanda. The purpose of the project will be to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
We are seeking technical specialists in the following areas:
- Experts in enterprise development and employment generation
- Experts working on gender, youth and vulnerable population issues
- Experts in policy and trade development
- Experts in vocational and post-secondary curriculum development for workforce development
- Experts in workforce development and labor market assessments
- Work closely with the COP to develop strategies and work plans for the program; Collaboratively implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Provide technical input to project implementation to achieve targets; Write and contribute toward progress reports, technical reports, and other deliverables
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate for the local context
- Conduct technical analysis on constraints, and work with public and private sector stakeholders to identify solutions to overcome them
- Liaise with the host government and intergovernmental organizations, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors, as applicable
- Master's degree in a relevant technical area is desirable; Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum five to eight years of relevant development experience in designing, implementing, or managing USAID or other donor-funded development programs
- Significant experience in key areas listed above with proven ability to achieve program targets
- Strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with governmental bodies in Rwanda, local partners, the private sector, and international donors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda; French is desirable
- Experience in Rwanda is required; Experience in wider region is highly desirable