Career Development Director - Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunit
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Career Development Director for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation
- Assesses labor market, SMEs and identifies training needs
- Facilitates job placement, job search information mechanisms and counseling services
- Responsible for upgrading of firm level human resource practices and
- Liaises with local governments and intergovernmental organizations, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Advanced degree in human resource management, education, business or related field
- Experience in career counselling, job placement, training preferred
- Prior experience building strong public-private partnerships to create internships opportunities that are industry specific for both genders
- Fluency in Arabic and English required