Chief of Party - Nigeria, State to State
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe purpose of the State-to-State (State2State) contract is to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene - WASH); increasing the efficiency of key governance operations (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation); increasing government?s responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict. State2State will work together with partner
Purpose of Position
The Chief of Party is the senior leader position serving as the primary point of contact with USAID and with overall responsibility for meeting program objectives, oversight of operations, direction, and delivery of technical assistance. This position is contingent on funding.
Duration: 5 years (anticipated start in March 2018)
- Provide technical vision and lead strategic development and support of programming in collaboration with USAID and key stakeholders;
- Develop and implement a plan of activities to meet program objectives with USAID and team;
- Serve as Palladium?s primary liaison with donor(s), and other partners including civil society and government;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with development partners such as government institutions, private sector, civil society, etc.;
- Enable identification, sharing, and application of international best practices and lessons learned;
- Build local partners and local staff capacities;
- Comply with USAID and Palladium reporting requirements on program impact and implementation;
- Manage and mentor project staff or key stakeholders;
- Oversee financial and administrative management of the program in close coordination with home office;
- Manage effective monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Advanced Degree in international affairs, public administration, finance, economic politcy, or related field;
- A minimum of ten years of experience leading/managing complex, multi-faceted donor-funded governance projects (especially USAID) in a developing country context, preferably in Nigeria or other West African country;
- A minimum of ten years of experience building capacity in government or other institutions, including relevant experience in a developing country context;
- Demonstrated technical experience in one or more of the following areas: public financial management, decentralization, government capacity building, budget planning and execution, procurement reform, or audit and internal control systems;
- Fluency in English