Communications Associate, Economic Growth
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Economic Growth Communications Associate to support the Economic Growth team's portfolio of projects, new business development, and communications efforts. Responsibilities encompass communications material development, internal and external messaging, public relations and outreach, marketing, and direct support to Palladium's portfolio of economic development programs.
The Associate expertise will also serve as a resource for the home office and projects to explore innovative ways to tell their stories and will assist home and field staff with overall communications strategies, branding, and marking. The Economic Growth Communications Associate will report to an Economic Growth team Manager, and work in coordination with Palladium's Communications team, which spans the DC, London, and Dubai offices.
- Develop communications plan and materials for the EG team, including developing materials, messaging, managing production and review schedules, and coordinating distribution/outreach through appropriate channels and across platforms both internally and externally
- Contribute to EG team new business development including preparation and strategic outreach, client management, pitch development, drafting, editing, formatting, and coordination with support from the business development team
- Provide technical assistance to Palladium projects related to strategic communications and USAID reporting including communications plan development and implementation, quality management, introduction of new communications techniques and approaches, and other support
- Work with broader Palladium communications team to raise the profile of the Palladium North America business unit with USAID and the EG Community of Practice through development of a strategic communications plan that includes participation in key DC-based events, targeted communications materials development, and other strategies as defined in the plan
- Coordinate delivery of materials, including translation, print vendors, and other internal or external resource-partners involved with projects
- Provide communications, client management, and public relations training to project office and home office staff as needed
- Contribute to and assist with the corporate Knowledge Management System, contacts databases, and other internal resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Business, or a related field; Master's degree preferred
- 4-7 years of experience in brand, marketing, or communications industry (3-5 years if with Master's)
- Experience in communications and marketing in a global context
- Demonstrated integrity, independent thinking, judgment, and respect for others
- Experience in developing and managing marketing and PR programs and creating communications plans
- Outstanding interpersonal communications skills enabling the individual to work with people at all levels internally and externally and around the world
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Ability to manage and satisfy competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Experience in international development and understanding and knowledge of USAID or donor organizations a plus
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages; experience living or working in developing countries preferred