Communications and PR Manager
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Communications and PR Manager for the USAID/North Macedonia Business Ecosystem Project (BEP) is transforming the competitiveness of micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in North Macedonia by strengthening business services, finance, and market linkages to catalyze a significant increase in MSME growth, productivity, and employment. Palladium will bring transformative, sustainable change to North Macedonia's business ecosystem at scale under BEP within its four-year life of project, paving the way for the market system to continue to function without USAID after BEP has concluded.
The overall goal of the project is to achieve: (1) a self-sustaining cadre of BSOs that offer targeted, in-demand services to their MSME members/clients--who are incentivized to pay for these services; (2) a robust network of alternative financing mechanisms and institutions investing in MSMEs with links to a strong pipeline of investment-ready start-ups and MSMEs; and (3) lead firms actively investing in local economic development activities, including developing their future workforce, helping suppliers reach standards, improve quality, introduce new technologies and know-how, support entrepreneurship and finance activities from municipal development plans.
The Communications and PR Manager will lead the implementation of the communications plan and related project communications tools and disseminate these to inform key audiences as well as the client of project progress and successes.Duration:
Through September 2021Location:
Skopje, North Macedonia
- Oversees communications for project activities, and represents the project to USAID, stakeholders, and public
- Develops and drives project's communications strategy and messages
- Conducts media relations for the project, including targeted publicity for project activities and responses to queries from the press.
- Manages internal communications and external media relations including with communications firms and partner organizations.
- Writes press releases, organizes press conferences, schedule interviews of spokespersons for the project, etc.
- Supports the development of project events and workshops in collaboration with project teams
- Makes sure the project is implemented according to USAID branding and marking strategy/plan, maintaining a close and collaborative relationship with USAID and the U.S. Embassy teams on all outreach and communications efforts
- Supports the development of project deliverables, including coordinating information gathering for quarterly and annual reports and annual work plans, one-pagers, reports, etc., and development of success stories for each quarterly report
- Develops compliant reports and publications such as project deliverables, newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, online, intranet, video, special projects and assignments
- Oversees the design and roll-out of all tools to effectively communicate project activities and results, (i.e. website, videos, visual images, social media messages, press releases, flyers, etc.)
- Oversees gathering of all news for digital clipping booklet highlighting the work of the project and partners
- Maintains project library of all communications tools, photos and events in a digital format.
- Trains project staff in implementing compliant project communications strategy
- Master's degree in public relations, communications, or related field, or a Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Fluency in English
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in English
- Prior experience in communications for donor-funded projects; USAID experience is a plus