Consultant - Global Fund Latin America and Caribbean Health Financing Briefs
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleCompany Profile
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, strategic consulting, and program management.Project Profile
As external HIV, TB and malaria funding decreases, more and more countries are relying on domestic resources and programming. To support countries with this new funding reality, Palladium is developing technical products to advocate for domestic resource mobilization and further investment in the health sector.Position Summary
The consultant will provide technical and administrative support to Palladium's team. The consultant will help develop policy briefs as needed depending on their experience in the countries and health areas we will be researching. Countries include: Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Guatemala, Peru, Paraguay, Nicaragua, and Suriname.
- Collect data and sources of information for a desk review
- Secondary data collection from sources such as the Global Fund website, the WHO expenditure database, MOH websites, etc
- Creation of high-quality health financing briefs that meet the requirements of the project
- Working as team member to create the briefs in a timely fashion
- Knowledge of health systems in Latin America and previous experience with Ministry of Health stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of Global Fund grantmaking and implementation, and health programming preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and general computer skills.
- Relevant educational experience in public health, public administration, or related field such as health financing, administration, policy/planning, or appropriate experience in managing or coordinating strategic planning processes preferred.