Data Demand and Use Technical Expert - Kabul, Afghanistan
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Data Demand and Use Technical Expert to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Afghanistan intended to strengthen data use for increased efficient domestic decision making. Such activities will benefit the Afghan Government, USAID Health Office, and other cooperating partners. S/he will lead project activities related to building capacity for data demand and use among stakeholders for health planning, performance management, and delivery decisions across the health system. S/he will provide technical and strategic direction, leadership, and management oversight to support the process of ensuring use of health information for decision-making. S/He will coordinate and liaise with stakeholders, including government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, USAID and other donors, and data consumers to build capacity in using information. The Data Demand and Use Technical Expert reports directly to the COP in activity implementation and management and will be based in Afghanistan.
This position is contingent upon USAID award and approval.
- Master's degree in information science, data science, public health, statistics, health informatics, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other donor funded programs
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- Demonstrated experience working in developing countries, non-permissive environments, and conflict zones is strongly preferred
- USAID experience preferable
- Thought leadership in the fields of data demand and use and/or technology for health data analysis, visualization, and interpretation preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences, and publication in peer reviewed journals
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Proven ability to leverage and manage partnerships and cooperate with host country governments and international partners in implementing multi-intervention health information system projects preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically, ability to manage a culturally and linguistically diverse staff, consultants and counterparts