Demand Side Technical Lead, Haiti Investment Mobilization
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePurpose of Position
Palladium seeks a Technical Lead, Demand Side for the anticipated USAID funded Haiti Investment Mobilization Platform. The goal of the Activity is to catalyze financing for Haitian ventures and businesses, especially small and medium enterprises, and build capacity within the Haitian financial community. A specific area of focus will be on financing for investments in agriculture and other priority sectors which will produce economic growth and job creation.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities
- Build a pipeline of investment transactions in the target sectors, in collaboration with public and private sector stakeholders and counterpart USAID projects.
- Establish a network of performance-compensated Business Advisory Service (BAS) providers who will identify and facilitate the financing of opportunities in the target areas.
- Facilitate access to support services for Haitian enterprises.
- Liaise with Haitian banks and other finance providers to identify appetite and underwriting requirements
- Interface with other USAID implementers to establish the investment requirements needed to support their SME beneficiaries to secure the financing needed to expand operations
- Master's Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business Administration, Economics, Trade or any other relevant field.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience related to the scope of work
- Experience supporting Haitian agribusinesses to access finance and investment, including deal origination, structuring, and facilitation.
- Must have management consulting skills and experience in business advisory service provision, and ability to analyze company financial statements,
- Experience working with the commercial banking sector
- Must have demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Fluency in English required. French and French Creole desired