Demographic/Economic Computer Modeler
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleFor over 40 years, Palladium (as the legacy Futures Group), has led the development of policy models that help decision makers in developing countries understand the choices they face in responding to public health issues. These models are developed with a view to widespread usage and adaptation in conjunction with on-going programs of technical assistance.
Palladium is seeking a computer modeler with a background in demography/economics and strong quantitative skills to support the modeling activities of an international development organization working in the areas of health, economic growth, environment food security, nutrition and agriculture. The modeler will contribute to the development of Palladium's analytic models, the support of existing models, and the application of models in countries where Palladium works.
- Develop, maintain and support demographic/economic-based computer modeling applications.
- Work closely with subject matter technical experts to translate analytical models into computer-based applications.
- Support field-based model applications, including creation of desk applications, development of workshop materials, and co-/facilitation of in-country model validations with key stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze secondary data, including from in-country sources.
- Support development of Microsoft Excel models, including through programming in VBA.
- Assist in project management and planning activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Graduate-level degree in demography, epidemiology, economics, international development, econometrics or statistics, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience developing economic, demographic, or other analytical models.
- Quantitative coursework in statistics and experience with analytical software (e.g. Stata).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Team player with the ability to work successfully with diverse groups, partners and colleagues.
- Willingness to travel internationally, as needed, up to 30%
- Ability to translate and present complex information to diverse audiences in writing and verbally is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop technical data into presentations and/or other multimedia formats is highly desirable.
- French language a plus.
- Experience working with developing country counterparts a plus.