Deputy Chief of Party - Nigeria State to State
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the State-to-State (State2State) contract is to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene - WASH); increasing the efficiency of key governance operations (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation); increasing government's responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict. State2State will work together with partner
Purpose of Position
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the DCOP leads managerial and operational aspects of the project in compliance with USAID and Palladium rules and regulations to achieve project objectives. S/he will also regularly engage with and maintain good relationships with local and state government agencies in Nigeria, consortium partners and other Nigerian governmental and non-government stakeholders. The DCOP will provide support to the COP in liaising, programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties. This position is contingent up award of funds.
Duration: 5 years (anticipated start March 2018)
Location: Abuja, Bauchi or Sokoto
- Assist the COP in overseeing all components of the program
- Provide expertise in Nigeria's sub-national government and to other stakeholders
- Assist the COP in monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions
- Provide leadership and management of State-level field activities
- Provide guidance and direction to State-level Office Directors
- Manage Nigeria's partner organizations and international consultants
- Master's degree from an accredited university in a relevant field of study, Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration or International Development is required.
- Must have at least 7 years of professional experience, ideally with USAID-funded local governance projects.
- Demonstrated track record of working with donor-funded projects.
- Proven track record with establishing and maintaining relationships with a broad range of government and non-government stakeholders.
- Capacity to transfer/convey information and knowledge to external partners, stakeholders, senior officials and donor community.
- Written and spoken fluency in English