Deputy Chief of Party, Haiti Investment Mobilization
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePurpose of Position
Palladium seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID funded Haiti Investment Mobilization Platform.The goal of the Activity is to catalyze financing for Haitian ventures and businesses, especially small and medium enterprises, and build capacity within the Haitian financial community. A specific area of focus will be on financing for investments in agriculture and other priority sectors which will produce economic growth and job creation.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
ResponsibilitiesThe Deputy Chief of Party will directly support the Chief of Party in successful management of the project, both administratively and programmatically, in line with client expectations. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume responsibility for the project.Together with other USAID implementing partners, identify and put in place strategies to facilitate financing for investment in Haitian businesses, build a network of business advisory services providers who will identify and prepare financing applications, and build capacity within the Haitian financial community to structure and close complex transactions.
- Support the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities in line with the project's Scope of Work and approved annual work plans
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, serve as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, Government of Haiti (GOH), Palladium HQ, local implementing partners and the local private sector
- Support the annual work plan process and completion of high quality deliverables
- Oversee office operations, procurement, monitoring and evaluation and grants management in line with USG requirements
- Conduct communications and media relations in close coordination with USAID as required
- Conduct internal travel to rural Haiti as directed to ensure successful project implementation
- Master's Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) or a BA and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with finance and investment for SMEs in the target sectors (especially agriculture) and experience working with the commercial banking sector in Haiti
- Five years of senior management experience, including managing large budgets and teams of professionals in a developing country and oversight of financial management and procurement functions
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required. French and French Creole desired