Deputy Chief of Party, Rwanda
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID funded Nguriza Nshore. The purpose of Nguriza Nshore is to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate greater employment at a higher wage for the broad majority of Rwandans who are currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. By alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship and increasing access to financing, off-farm businesses will be created and will grow to provide productive employment for rural populations in order to reduce poverty.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
ResponsibilitiesThe Deputy Chief of Party will directly support the Chief of Party in successful management of the project, both administratively and programmatically, in line with client expectations. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume responsibility for the project.Together with other USAID implementing partners, identify and put in place strategies to facilitate financing Rwandan SMEs, build a network of business advisory services providers, and build capacity within the Rwanda financial community to structure and close transactions.
- Support the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities in line with the project?s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, serve as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, Government of Rwanda (GOR), Palladium HQ, local implementing partners and the local private sector
- Support the annual work plan process and completion of high quality deliverables
- Oversee office operations, procurement, monitoring and evaluation and grants management in line with USG requirements
- Conduct communications and media relations in close coordination with USAID as required
- Conduct internal travel to rural Rwanda as directed to ensure successful project implementation
- Master's Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) or a BA and 10+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with finance and investment for SMEs in various sectors (especially agriculture) and experience working with the commercial banking sector in East Africa
- Experience implementing entrepreneurship and enterprise development approaches
- Five years of senior management experience, including managing large budgets and teams of professionals in a developing country and oversight of financial management and procurement functions
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda required, French is desired