Development Impact Bond Manager
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Rajasthan Maternal and New-born Health (MNH) Impact Bond is an innovative results-based financing mechanism that will use private investor capital to fund interventions aimed at improving maternal and new-born health in the state of Rajasthan, India. Specifically, the DIB will support the preparation for accreditation to national standards of private sector small health-care organizations (SHCOs) in Rajasthan. Achievement of the accreditation will result in better quality care, and in turn this is expected to reduce maternal and neonatal mortality. The DIB aims to prepare at least 360 SHCOs for apply for the combined quality certification from the Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI) and the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH).
The DIB Manager will report to the Palladium Project Director and will be responsible for the field activities of the Company in its role as implementation manager for the DIB, including oversight, monitoring and driving performance of target outputs and outcomes through active performance management of local service providers who will deliver the support services to SHCOs. The position will also manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver Palladium?s work in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, guidelines, business processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs). The position is based in Jaipur, Rajasthan, and is full-time for three years. The potential start date is 1 April 2017.
- Act as the primary point of contact and coordination for all stakeholders, including interactions with the Government of Rajasthan;
- Advocate for the project with internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage the Company field team in Jaipur;
- Participate in the design and testing of the performance management system;
- Lead the field implementation of the performance management system, including the establishment and testing of real time data collection and reporting systems;
- Participate in the development of and lead the execution of a capacity building plan to enable service providers to effectively use the performance management system;
- Supervise data collection from service providers and other sources and manage data quality assurance;
- Supervise and undertake performance information analysis to identify under and out performing areas;
- Review and agree action plans with service providers, including performance improvement plans where required;
- Work with and advise service providers on continuous adaptation to improve performance;
- Liaise with and respond to requests from the Company and the client;
- Prepare and provide regular performance monitoring and management, progress and ad hoc reports to the Company and the client;
- Serve as a point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout;
- Prepare work plans and financial forecasts and monitor and report on progress;
- Ensure project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated; and escalate risks and issues as required;
- Lead weekly operational coordination meetings;
- Advise and guide service providers and Palladium staff on compliance with policies, guidelines, business processes and SOPs and client rules and regulations (covering as required security, occupational health and safety, risk management, planning, human resource management, monitoring, reporting, finance, procurement, logistics, IT, communications, audit support and all other operational matters);
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably required by the Project Director.
RequirementsMinimum education and experience required
- A relevant Bachelors degree (with an MBA or CA qualification preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience (with health sector experience preferred).
- A minimum of 6 years management experience.
- Experience as manager for large and complex development projects (with a preference for performance based contracts).
- A minimum of 6 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
- Adaptability including proven ability in project advocacy, leading change, and overcoming resistance and setbacks.
- Critical thinking, including proven ability to think creatively, conceptually and analytically, and in the use of evidence as a basis for sound decision making.
- People and relationships, including proven track record in influencing others, and an ability to collaborate with and develop personnel.
- Business acumen, including proven ability to communicate project strategy, focus on client needs and deliver stakeholder value.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Formal Project Management training and expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team.