Differentiated Learning Consultant
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
INOVASI is managed by Palladium on behalf of DFAT, and formally started on 18 January 2016. INOVASI is an ambitious four-year (with the possibility of an extension for another four), AUD 49 million program. It will collaborate closely with the GOI at the district, provincial and national level to develop and implement action-oriented research and experiments to answer the broad question: What works to improve student learning outcomes in Indonesia?It will focus on three sub-topics of investigation:
1)The quality of teaching in the classroom,
2)The quality of support for teachers,
3)Learning for all.
INOVASI is in currently developing pilot interventions related to the three above areas. Interventions under the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom will include one specifically promoting differentiated learning (DL).INOVASI is not intending to develop a new intervention but to identify one that reasonable evidence suggests has worked elsewhere in Indonesia. Accordingly, this ToR is focused specifically on identifying a pilot intervention related to DL that could be adapted to the local context and implemented in NTB Province and possibly elsewhere in 2017.
ResponsibilitiesPurpose of the Position:
Working closely with the EPD Manager and Education Specialist (3) the Differentiated Learning Consultant will
Please see the attachment here.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience: The Differentiated Learning Consultant will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Postgraduate academic qualifications relevant to the scope of services outlined above;
- A minimum of eight years? experience in teaching at primary school level, preferably within Indonesia;
- Prior experience working in education development programs;
- A good understanding of regulatory frameworks related to education in Indonesia;
- An in-depth understanding of issues faced by teachers within Indonesia in trying to ensure learning for all at primary school level;
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality reports (through providing at least two samples of similar, previous reports produced);
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results to specified deadlines and quality standards;
- Fluency in English preferred;
- Ability in Indonesian an advantage;