Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The primary purpose of the Director, Commercial is to lead the commercial growth of the organisation through the identification and analysis of new business opportunities. The position will proactively identify opportunities to accelerate growth through innovation, commercialization and the leadership of company M&A strategy.
The is a highly collaborative and influential position which will play a critical role in the management of our long-term growth opportunities; combining leadership, business development and entrepreneurial skills to drive revenue growth through existing and new client relationships. Success in this position will be determined by the ability to build long-term sustainable competitive advantage for Palladium.
- Exploring strategic partnerships which will enhance our existing capabilities or enable us to provide new services aligned with our global vision;
- Driving the execution of strategic acquisitions from inception through due diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing and integration of any transaction.
- Developing and maintaining a strong pipeline of acquisition and partnership targets through continuous market scanning and analysis of the competitive landscape.
- Utilizing your market knowledge to assist regional partnerships in leveraging ways to grow their respective businesses.
- Evaluating internal ideas, IP and other assets for commercialization and transfer potential;
- Developing and implementing repeatable processes to support the scalable commercialization of ideas generated within the organisation. Continually evaluating the commercial viability of such initiatives.
- Driving a strong culture of innovation and commerciality across the organisation by developing a strategy and implementing structures which foster this approach.
- Provide support and leadership to our pricing teams to regularly look at strategies to improve our commercial performance and improve margin and ROI.
- Significant experience in a buyer-side deals or transaction environment.
- Prior experience in the commercialization and scaling of ideas and IP which were proven to generate measurable value, including experience in entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Proven experience in leading multidisciplinary teams in a complex, global environment.
- Significant experience in a leadership position, ideally within a professional-services, impact investment or consulting firm focused on the creation of societal benefit.
- Passion to explore and evaluate growth opportunities together with the capacity to implement related strategies in a complex environment.
- Strong understanding of Positive Impact and methods by which it can be driven in a variety of markets.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to develop high level strategic relationships in global environment.
- Significant pre-existing network of contacts across donor, investment, research and private sector clients.