Director, Conflict, Stabilization and Transition - Washington, DC
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a Conflict, Stabilization, and Transition (CST) practice director
. This is a senior management position leading Palladium's expansion in the CST and humanitarian assistance sector in the USAID and other US Government market, building on our wealth of experience in these areas for UK's Department for International Development (DFID) and Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The practice director defines the strategy for the American CST practice. He/she will facilitate the growth of relationships with the Office of Transition clients, particularly Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) and USAID Bureau for Democracy, Conflict, and Humanitarian Assistance, as well as partners, and industry experts. The role encompasses business development, project management, and technical delivery on projects. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Build the pipeline of opportunities, leveraging existing vehicles and securing new ones
- Serve as capture manager (responsible for technical direction, teaming, staffing, and budgeting for proposals)
- Lead technical proposals serving as lead writer
- Position Palladium as preferred provider in the areas of CST and humanitarian assistance
- Formulate strategies, new directions, and techniques to grow the company in the CST space, utilizing networks with clients, consultants, and counterparts
- Provide thought leadership (writing blogs and white papers, conducting speaking engagements, etc.) and work with others to promote and market Palladium's rapid response capability
- Lead the design, planning, and delivery of programs under the practice area
- Oversee assigned indefinite quantity contracts and projects under the CST practice area
- Assure strong client relationships, effective linkages between the home office and the field, and timely delivery within budget on the assigned portfolio of CST and humanitarian assistance-centered projects
- Manage partner organizations
- Demonstrated expertise in conflict, stability, and transition programming
- Prior experience leading capture and proposal development for USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI)
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in relevant areas, donor initiatives and programs, most notably funded by OTI
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. This includes public presentations and contribution to publications
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage working relationships with clients, partners, and technical experts
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
- Prior field experience working on CST programs in developing countries preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise department staff, multiple project teams, remote staff and other initiatives
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial, or operational problems and evaluation options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity