Director Consulting, Strategy Execution
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose for this role is to expand the Palladium business through building and maintaining strong portfolios with current clients and to pursue new client and business opportunities that utilise and complement our core skills and experience. In particular this position is accountable for managing and growing a portfolio of work for the Palladium portfolio.
As a Palladium thought leader, the role will ensure that our technical solutions remain at the forefront of industry requirements and will oversee knowledge sharing around industry innovations and project successes. The role will lead the acquisition and delivery of high value technical solutions that deliver results and impact, continually meeting the changing needs and priorities of our clients and beneficiaries.
ResponsibilitiesProvide critical subject matter expertise in an area directly supportive of Positive Impact
Create lasting Positive Impact for clients
- Drive private sector involvement in Positive Impact
- Lead the creation of Palladium's intellectual property, methodology, and offerings
Demonstrate powerful project management expertise
- Ensure Palladium's impact with clients exceeds expectations and delivers on the brand promise and value proposition, including everything from deliverables to everyday interactions of the Palladium team and the client
- Manage client expectations, checking in with clients regarding their perception of results. Customize the best practices to meet client needs.
- Manage scope creep and execute change orders when needed
Emergent relationship based selling capabilities
- Work closely with clients to deliver projects and ensure strategies are managed end to end
- Take leadership/project management responsibility on a range of engagement types
- Excel in managing challenging interpersonal situations and conversations
- Communicate with leadership in a timely fashion about any critical issues; ensure projects are delivered on-time and at margin targets
- Ensure effective capture of project intellectual property and lessons learned
- Own the team's professional development by identifying opportunities for growth, fostering teamwork and collaboration - serving as a career manager, providing guidance to team members within the business.
- Ensure the quality of project delivery reinforces our client value proposition
- Address observed risk factors with leadership
Contribute at the corporate level
- Establish and manage relationships with client leadership and executives
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with project sponsors
- Build a broad network of sales contacts
- Own the pursuit of follow-on work through client dialog and leadership, while demonstrating effective negotiation skills in closing follow-on work
- Assist Palladium sales team with conducting initial qualifying conversations
- Demonstrate expertise in customizing service offerings to prospect clients
- Support the change in direction of Consulting - working closely with International Development colleagues globally.
- Take ownership of elements within the Strategy Management System
- Play a Change Agent role within the organization
- Champion internal projects while looking for opportunities to use internal projects as development for junior team members
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Excellent skills in project leadership, strategic issue identification, problem solving, concept development and development of junior team members
- Excellent team management skills, especially with Senior members
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding facilitation skills and memorable in-person presentation abilities
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to work effectively with diverse work styles and personalities, and excellent relationship building skills.
- Self-starter/proactive, strong entrepreneurial spirit, flexible to changing priorities, excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Bias for action and generating results; not satisfied with delivering presentations and reports
- Comprehensive business experience in strategy consulting, project delivery or in strategy or business improvement role
- A graduate degree preferred
- Experience with performance improvement and change management methodologies is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability in client relationship management and aptitude for political sensitivity; evidence of success in generating follow-on business.