Company OverviewPalladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThis role involves working closely with other Palladium professionals and client executives to convert ideas into action. While the primary role will be in leading project delivery, there will be many opportunities to participate in new client relationship development, as well as adding to Palladium's intellectual capital and methodological expertise. The Director of Consulting will work with senior executives to establish a powerful brand and build on the company's legacy of corporate sustainability and social impact. The ideal candidate will be able to bridge the gap between bottom line economics and corporate social responsibility on a global scale.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Director, Consulting are to:
- Provide critical subject matter expertise in an area directly supportive of Positive Impact
- Drive private sector involvement in Positive Impact
- Lead the creation of Palladium's intellectual property, methodology, and offerings
Create lasting Positive Impact for clients
- Ensure Palladium's impact with clients exceeds expectations and delivers on the brand promise and value proposition, including everything from deliverables to everyday interactions of the Palladium team and the client
- Manage client expectations, checking in with clients regarding their perception of results.
- Customize the best practices to meet client needs.
- Manage scope creep and execute change orders when needed
Demonstrate powerful project management expertise
- Work closely with clients to deliver projects and ensure strategies are managed end to end
- Take leadership/project management responsibility on a range of engagement types
- Excel in managing challenging interpersonal situations and conversations
- Communicate with NAC leadership in a timely fashion about any critical issues; ensure projects are delivered on-time and at margin targets
- Ensure effective capture of project intellectual property and lessons learned
- Own the team's professional development by identifying opportunities for growth, fostering teamwork and collaboration - serving as a career manager, providing guidance to team members within the business.
- Ensure the quality of project delivery reinforces our client value proposition
- Address observed risk factors with leadership
Emergent relationship based selling capabilities
- Establish and manage relationships with client leadership and executives
- Establish trusted advisor relationships with project sponsors
- Build a broad network of sales contacts
- Own the pursuit of follow-on work through client dialog and leadership, while demonstrating effective negotiation skills in closing follow-on work
- Assist Palladium sales team with conducting initial qualifying conversations
- Demonstrate expertise in customizing service offerings to prospect clients
- Coordinate proposal response teams
Contribute at the corporate level
- Support the change in direction of Consulting - working closely with International Development colleagues globally.
- Take ownership of elements within the Strategy Management System
- Play a Change Agent role within the organization
- Champion internal projects while looking for opportunities to use internal projects as development for junior team members
- 10-12 years of business experience in strategy consulting or in an internal strategy or business improvement role; MBA or graduate degree preferred but not required
- Experience with performance improvement and change management methodologies is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability in client relationship management and aptitude for political sensitivity; success in generating follow-on business