Director of Communications - Egypt
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Director of Communications for the anticipated USAID-funded Trade Reform and Development in Egypt (TRADE) project. The project will aim to increase Egypt's exports and investments to improve the share of exports to GDP, increase the number of new exporters, and narrow the trade deficit. The project will have three primary objectives, each of which will be led by an assigned Component Lead: 1) Enhanced capacity of new and expanding export-ready enterprises to increase sales and reach new markets in selected sectors; 2) Strengthened public and private trade-support institutions that assist SMEs to compete in the international marketplace; and 3) Improved trade and investment policy, regulatory and institutional environment.
Purpose of Position
The Director of Communications will lead the implementation of the communications plan and related project communications tools, and disseminate these to inform key audiences as well as the client of project progress and successes.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Oversees communications for project activities, and represents the project to USAID, stakeholders and public
- Develops and drives project's communications strategy and messages, as well as pitch strategies
- Manages internal communications and external media relations including communications firms and partner organizations
- Makes sure the project is implemented according to USAID branding and marking strategy/plan
- Develops compliant reports and publications such as project deliverables, newsletters, press releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments
- Trains project staff in implementing compliant project communications strategy
- Supports development of behaviour change communication materials through multiple channels including video, radio, advertisements, information campaigns and social media
- Master's degree in public relations, communications, or related field, or a Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in public relations, communications or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Strong writing and public speaking skills in Arabic and English
- Prior experience in communications for donor funded projects; USAID experience is a plus