Director of Finance/Administration - Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opp
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID-funded Jordan Creating Economic and Employment Opportunities through Partnerships (CEEO). The goal of CEEO is to create a competitive, demand-driven workforce development system that leads to increased private sector employment, especially for women, youth and vulnerable groups. The focus will be on establishing partnerships with the private sector, working with various educational institutions, and alignment with the Jordan Compact workforce priorities. Two key areas of the project will be:
- Promoting economic opportunities with high strong employment generation potential
- Promoting business partnerships related to investment and job creation
- Provides overall management of administrative operations, including, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property and security
- Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, procurement and compliance
- Supervises financial operations and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures
- Coordinates and manages the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff
- Manages office and program financial resources while exercising proper financial controls and adhering to both USAID and Palladium policies and procedures
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field. A Bachelor's degree with more than 10 years of experience in finance, accounting or a related field can be substituted for an advanced degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international and donor-funded programs
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, excellence in accounting, financial management, human resources, procurement, and other management support functions as needed
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets for USAID projects and client expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with project staff, donors andbeneficiaries
- Advanced knowledge of MS Suite with strong MS Excel skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English required