Director of Grants, Haiti Investment Mobilization
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePurpose of Position
Palladium seeks a Director of Grants for the anticipated USAID funded Haiti Investment Mobilization Platform. The goal of the Activity is to catalyze financing for Haitian ventures and businesses, especially small and medium enterprises, and build capacity within the Haitian financial community. A specific area of focus will be on financing for investments in agriculture and other priority sectors which will produce economic growth and job creation.
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities
- Ensures that grant management activities are carried out in compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures
- Draft grants manual and related program documents
- Design solicitations, conduct due diligence, negotiate grant agreements and write negotiationmemorandums
- Develop and implementa grant tracking system to ensure the timely and correct execution of all grant agreements
- Maintain communication with recipients to ensure smooth administration of sub instruments
- Lead new grantprocurement
- Prepare grant documents utilizing Palladium models
- Review recipient reports and documentation for compliance with agreement/sub-agreement terms and conditions
- Liaise with technical teams as required
- B.A. required, M.A. in Business, Finance, Economics, or any other relevant field preferred
- Ten years of finance and administration management experience required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with USAID grants management system highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to manage large budgets and client expectations
- Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with clients and project stakeholders
- Impeccable professional record and integrity
- Fluency in English required. French and French Creole desired