Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning - Nigeria State to State
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleBackground
The purpose of the State-to-State (State2State) contract is to increase the effectiveness, accountability and transparency of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by strengthening systems to improve the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene - WASH); increasing the efficiency of key governance operations (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation); increasing government's responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict.
Purpose of Position
The Director of MEL will lead all monitoring, evaluation and learning program activities. In this capacity, s/he will establish systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation. S/he will coordinate and manage all monitoring, evaluation and research tasks and deliverables for the project and ensure that all required reports and documentation for the project's internal management systems and for external reporting are produced according to USAID/Nigeria guidelines. S/he will link M&E data to a process of learning and adaptation.
Duration: 5 years
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities
- Oversee staff responsible for M&E, applied political economy analysis, and strategic communication
- Provide technical leadership to capture and communicate program results, as well as ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure a process of continual learning and adaptation resulting from applied political economic analysis of various sectors and government levels
- Harmonize M&E data collection and reporting systems with USAID policies and indicators.
- Monitor and report on activities required to communicate program results and improve implementation, which includes establishing systems to gather, report and analyze performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation; overseeing data collection processes as required within the project parameters
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of project implementation; contribute to other project reports such as annual work plans.
- Review and update the project's M&E plan on an on-going basis.
- Master's degree in Social Science, Project Management, M&E or related field
- At least 8 years of international development work experience At least 3 years experience in a M&E management position within an international development project, and proven experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Prior experience developing, implementing and managing performance monitoring plans (PMPs).
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations , as well as best practices inM&E
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Experience with USAID-funded governance programs highly desired.