Director of Monitoring and Evaluation - Rwanda
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks an M&E Director for the anticipated USAID-funded project in Rwanda. The purpose of the project will be to facilitate the emergence of a dynamic off-farm sector that can generate more and higher wage employment for the broad majority of Rwandans currently engaged in subsistence agriculture and other marginal economic activities. The activity will achieve this by alleviating constraints to entrepreneurship, in particular but not exclusively, constraints to finance.
- Reviews the project implementation activities to assess results and the impact
- Gathers and evaluates information and ensures that these findings are accurately presented in all USAID reporting and tracking tools
- Responsible for developing and designing project systems to track program progress against indicators; collecting and verifying information and maintaining performance monitoring plans, reports, work plans and monthly reports
- Ensures project scope and activities are compliant with USAID policies
- Coordinates closely with implementing partners to build cohesive measurement and results systems
- Bachelor's degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Relevant international business development experience, preferably working on USAID economic development projects
- Strong past experience in gathering, organizing and analyzing large amounts of data as well as the ability to design manageable, transparent M&E systems that report progress against indicators throughout the life of the project
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and M&E reporting requirements, preferably in the economic growth sector
- Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills in Kinyarwanda and English
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English; French is desirable