Director of NGO and Social Marketing Partnerships - Madagascar
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
The Director of NGO and Social Marketing Partnerships is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Madagascar funded by USAID entitled Improving Market Partnerships and Access to Commodities Together (IMPACT).
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Antananarivo, Madagascar
ResponsibilitiesThe NGO/Social Marketing Partnership Director oversees NGO and social marketing partnerships, ensuring that project objectives are met by increasing consumer demand for and availability of socially marketed products and services among target select target audiences. He/she will contribute to the strategic management and leadership of the organisation and lead in the design and implementation of innovative and sustainable social marketing strategies for a broad range of health products. He/she is charged with expanding the use of socially marketed products and services through brand promotion and strategic distribution through commercial and NGO channels. In addition, the Director will provide technical assistance to the project team on all aspects of developing and implementing targeted marketing strategies for existing and new socially marketed products and services. The NGO/Social Marketing Partnership Director is expected to have significant experience working with the pharmaceutical and/or consumer market sectors in Madagascar and a thorough understanding of the capacity, barriers and incentives needed to work effectively with both public and NGO partners.
Management and Market Intelligence
- Manage sales and marketing staff to ensure project performance standards are met and delivery of high quality deliverables. Includes setting targets and incentives as well as conducting formal performance appraisals;
- Support development and monitoring of budgets and workplans tied to departmental programming;
- Review the current health sector environment, particularly in the areas of MCH, WASH, Malaria and SRH, and define market segments that hold the most potential for a rapid scaling up of product distribution and service delivery;
- Design and implement tools to monitor marketing, sales and communications activities and demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of marketing and communication activities;
- Support project activities related to the promotion of TMA across public, commercial and social marketing sectors;
- Review pricing strategy regularly and make adjustments in line with competitor?s prices, and/or affordability of products and services targeting clients;
- Plan, organize and carry out necessary capacity building for project staff related to product marketing and service delivery;
- Demonstrate and instill a strong commitment to the project?s mission and goals, encouraging a positive work environment and attitude among all team members
- Actively contribute to the strategic direction and planning of the project and represent the organization at meetings, workshops, press conferences, or other relevant forums.
- Identify, select and manage marketing and distribution partners on national, regional, and local level. Includes managing sales through community-based distribution networks across the country;
- Design and implement a sales and marketing strategy, implementation plan and budget that supports the sale of social marketing products and services through public, private outlets (both traditional and non-traditional);
- Investigate market potential for other products related to the project?s core business that could be sold through existing distribution channels;
- Meet quarterly sales / income targets while ensuring that pricing, margins and discounts are appropriate and support achievement of project objectives;
- Ensure that all project activities are compliant with local laws regarding the importation, distribution and promotion of products.
- Design and implement annual Marketing Plans that target specific client groups, service points and individual products and services building confidence and trust in the socially marketed brands;
- Support communications and SBCC teams to develop and implement timely and high-quality demand generation and brand promotion activities, in line with project objectives;
- Support opportunities to expand sales individual health providers and other delivery networks/franchises
- Actively seek out opportunities to support project objectives through press interviews, trade shows, events and other fora.
- Candidate Requirements
- Master's Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) and 8+ years of relevant of senior management experience leading national-level marketing and sales teams, preferably in healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors;
- An understanding of market development, Total Market Approach and other evolutions in social marketing.
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget;
- Strong understanding of market research, effective media channels and laws surrounding the provision of pharmaceutical and healthcare products;
- Ability to communicate effectively with demonstrated negotiation skills;
- Experience building and managing highly productive relationships with a wide range of partners;
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and managing a marketing team to achieve and exceed targets;
- Strategic thinker, and exceptional planning, organizational and leadership capabilities, including problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Madagascar;
- Fluency in Malagasy and French;
1. Your Interest and experience that make you suitable for this position. Your experience as a leader of Programmatic Technical areas and approach to team building
2. Notice period from current employer
3. Possible start date
4. Current salary