District Health Information System 2 Expert - Afghanistan
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium seeks a DHIS 2 Expert to support an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded project in Afghanistan intended to strengthen data use for increased efficient decision making. Such activities will benefit the Afghan Government, USAID Health Office, and other cooperating partners. The DHIS 2 expert will work with our Afghanistan based project team and provide technical assistance in the development of the MoPH data warehouse and templates for facilitating rapid development of modules within the data warehouse. As such, the employee must have experience in implementing DHIS 2 in a national setting. The DHIS 2 expert will serve as a liaison for communication with the DHIS 2 core developers of identified bugs for fixing or new requirements for addition in the DHIS 2 platform, tracking the progress and providing feedback to the rest of the team. The employee will support capacity building activities through the provision of input in DHIS 2 training curriculums and facilitation of training sessions. The DHIS 2 expert will mentor a local DHIS2 technical working group to develop and maintain the MoPH data warehouse, as well as the end users of the system. The employee should be prepared to travel throughout Afghanistan and deal with clients and staff in a variety of cultural environments.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Informatics or a health-related field is preferred
- At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing Health Information Systems and data warehouse implementation strategic and operational plans using a multi-language interface
- At least 5 years of experience providing technical assistance, training, and capacity building activities to users of data warehouses for the purposes of developing solutions to challenges relating to DHIS 2 capabilities
- Demonstrated experience working in developing countries, non-permissive environments, and conflict zones is strongly preferred
- Afghanistan country national preferred
- USAID experience preferable
- Thought leadership in the fields of data usage for both government decision making and health-related activities
- Strong technical capacity in the implementation of data systems design and capacity building
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities, often within a required timeframe
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in either Dari or Pashto preferred