Driver, Market Development Facility(MDF), Fiji
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
At MDF, our teams work with businesses, associations and governments in Asia Pacific to help farmers and workers thrive. We use a market systems (MSD) approach to achieve long-term, lasting growth and create sustainable jobs for poor women and men.
Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE) is central to our work on the ground, and our teams in Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are dedicated to ensuring that our activities benefit women and girls.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT).
In Fiji, MDF focuses on developing a growing, diversified and inclusive tourism industry, while also improving the competitiveness of Fiji's exports.
The Driver will be responsible to safely transport MDF staff, goods and documents within Fiji as well as carrying out routine fleet inspection and other basic administrative duties.
- Safely transport MDF staff, goods, parcels and documents in and around the city in which the office is located and to field locations as required.
- Ensure that all scheduled work allocated is completed in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the vehicle provided is clean and at all times and is driven in a legal and safe manner at all times.
- Carry out routine inspection on fleet vehicles to ensure that they are always in good condition, and perform minor maintenance tasks when necessary.
- Check and purchase fuel for project vehicles and ensure fuel is topped up regularly.
- Maintain the log book and document accident reports, vehicle maintenance and fuel purchases as per MDF policies and procedures.
- Safely keep receipts for vehicle repairs and maintenance and other records and reports concerning the vehicle.
For complete TOR click
- Properly licensed to drive with a valid, clean driver's license and middle school or equivalent diploma
- At least five years driving experience and demonstrated knowledge of local road systems
- A police check must be provided
- Good verbal and written English and other local language(s) in the country of assignment
- Demonstrated knowledge of car mechanics and skills to maintain road worthiness and cleanliness of vehicles
- Alertness to risks and potential security breaches, and proven ability to handle security incidents effectively and peacefully
- Demonstrated ability to undertake routine and simple clerical and administrative tasks
- Willingness to work long hours, and to travel and work any part of the country of assignment
- Police Clearance Certificate is mandatory requirement
Applications should include a response to the position requirements. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a single document.
Position open to Fiji nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Fiji. Rates of pay are based on local labour standards.