Editor HP+ (Senior Associate, Health)
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Editor is a full-time position serving as a member of the Project's Communications team focused on sharing stories, best practices, lessons learned, and contributing to the knowledge base in health policy, financing, stewardship, and global leadership and advocacy. The Editor will provide copy and content editing for technical products, ensuring grammatical and technical accuracy of information; draft written products, as needed; collaborate with authors and technical staff on revisions; review final documents to ensure high quality; and contribute to formatting/branding and administrative work, as necessary. This position will report to the Project's Managing Editor and will work in close coordination with the entire Communications and Knowledge Management team.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Editor include:
- Copy and content edit reports, briefs, and other technical products, aligning with the project's editorial style guide, paying close attention to grammar, mechanics, punctuation, sentence structure, consistency, and accuracy.
- Collaborate with authors and technical staff on revisions, offering thoughtful feedback.
- Review final documents to ensure high quality products.
- Prepare news stories, blog posts, and abstracts for the HP+ website or for public release.
- Update editorial style guide, as necessary, to reflect changes in best practices relevant to the project's work.
- Provide editing support for Palladium or internal documents, as needed.
- Serve as a communications point person for selected technical teams to proactively engage on communications needs, including product development, tracking, and dissemination.
- Assist with maintaining a strategic Communications toolkit for HP+, including templates, guides, and other resources for Communications and technical team members.
- Contribute to the ongoing execution of the HP+ Communications strategy through participation in working groups and planning sessions.
- Assist with formatting publications and presentations, using the project's MS Word and PowerPoint templates.
- Assist with making documents accessible for posting on the website (using Adobe Acrobat), provide support for events or meetings, assist with product tracking, among other tasks, as needed.
- The role reports to the Managing Editor, HP+. Reporting requirements include:
- Attendance at all weekly team meetings
- Regular updates with your manager
- A monthly update on the status of your KRAs, as well as any other important areas of concern
- The role will form part of the Communications and Knowledge Management team on the Health Policy Plus Project
- This role will form part of the Health practice
- The role will be required to liaise closely with the Communications and Knowledge Management team, Health Policy Plus staff members, Project Operations, and other Company employees
- The role will be required to support the recommendations of the wider Communications and Knowledge Management team, Project, and general Health practice
- The role will also be expected to contribute to process and product improvement through innovative and cost-effective proposals/ideas/suggestions
RequirementsMinimum education and experience required
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications, International Development, or a related field
- 5-8 years of experience working as a technical editor, preferably in the field of international development
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Highly skilled and detail-oriented copy and content editor
- Knowledgeable of international development and public health technical concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage work and make decisions on their own, as well as with a team
- Effective organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment
- Willingness to take on additional tasks, as requested
- Supports change process
- Promotes change agenda
- Supports others to adapt
- Supports others in new ways of working
- Critical Thinking
- Challenges own ideas
- Investigates issues
- Identifies trends and underlying connections
- Identifies and analyses relationships between situations
- Applies information outside the immediate
- People and Relationships
- Encourages others to understand value of diversity and inclusion
- Understands others position and adapts personal style
- Encourages others to acknowledge team member's contributions
- Encourages self-development with team members
- Seeks participation and contribution from direct working relationships
- Self-Development and Accountability
- Seeks and applies development opportunities relevant to team
- Probes understanding of feedback
- Evaluates quality of work
- Delivers on commitments outside the team
- Recognises and identifies opportunities
- Business Acumen
- Align work focus with organisation objectives
- Recognises market impacts and business drivers
- Consults to understand client needs
- Optimises resources
- Applies principles of stewardship