Editor and Quality Assurance Associate, Business Development and Proposals
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe ideal candidate will be a member of the Business Development Department supporting the business development efforts of the Palladium practice areas. S/he will help to edit proposals and work with teams at various stages of bid preparation to strengthen proposal quality. This may include preparing requirements outlines and templates based on the solicitation, working with teams on writing planning, and providing compliance feedback, editing support, and final production support on multiple drafts. The Associate will also copy/edit, proofread, and quality check final documents. In addition to proposal-related responsibilities, tasks will also include working on marketing collateral and specific event-related materials.
- Edit and format multiple proposal drafts for coherence, correct grammar, length, layout, etc.
- Review and analyze solicitation instructions and requirements.
- Prepare templates and outlines to assist technical writers.
- Prepare simple graphics, text boxes, organizational structure charts, among other visual presentations of information.
- Draft assigned proposal sections or annexes.
- Collect and help teams react to feedback from technical reviewers.
- Help to finalize documents; provide quality assurance with document completeness and consistency.
- Support proposal production.
- Research and assemble company capability and experience content, and produce discrete marketing collateral and event-specific materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 2+ years' demonstrated experience writing and editing proposals, reports, or other products by teams of writers.
- Some experience with proposal writing and/or editing is required, preferably in international development.
- Rapid content/copy editing and document formatting skills.
- Demonstrated skills for conceptualizing, creating, and/or editing graphic and visual presentations of information.
- Analytic capacity and ability to critically review content for gaps.
- Flexible, diplomatic, and able to work under tight deadlines.
Writing samples and references will be requested from shortlisted candidates.