Export Promotion/Market Linkages Advisor, Agricultural Competitiveness - Nigeria
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project. The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which links smallholder farmers to the private sector and to create a positive business enabling environments for thriving agribusiness sector.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks an Export Promotion/Market Linkages Advisor for the anticipated five year USAID-funded Agriculture Competitiveness program for increasing global competitiveness, intra-regional trade, and food security in Western Africa.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Promotes an enabling environment for trade and investment, promoting regional integration and trade, expanding African capacity to effectively access and benefit from global markets,
- Will work to encourage global companies to trade with and invest in West Africa.
- Promote and lead various economic development programs within the West Africa region.
- Provide technical and management support to the Value Chain Competitiveness team to design and implement strategies to increase value chain competitiveness in the region.
- Work closely with the DCOP to develop value chain competitiveness strategies for the program.
- Oversee the Regional Staple Foods Trade and Global Export Trade Unit Leads to ensure cohesiveness of strategic implementations and achievement of stated goals.
- Write and contribute toward progress reports, technical reports, and other deliverables.
- Provide technical guidance project implementation to achieve targets in poverty reduction, regional food security, and export development.
- Liaise with the regional governments and intergovernmental organizations, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors.
- Collaboratively implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply