Expressions of Interest - Aus4Water
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Expressions of Interest: Vietnam Aus4Water
In preparation for an upcoming request for tender Palladium are looking to identify senior program staff to be based in Hanoi from mid-2019. Indicative roles include: Team leader, water infrastructure specialist, monitoring and evaluation specialist, women's economic empowerment specialist, operations and finance personnel, and private sector development specialists.
Aus4Water is a proposed five year, AUD 22.5 million Australian Government investment in Vietnam's economic development, to be managed by the Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The Program will contribute to inclusive economic growth in Vietnam, by providing access to water supply to more people in rural areas through private sector engagement and increasing opportunities for women. The beneficiaries of the Program are poor households and businesses in rural communities who will have access to safe water. Other beneficiaries include provincial governments who will be better able to serve their populations, and entrepreneurs and companies who will be able to grow their business.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities will vary depending on the area of specialisation and will be confirmed upon release of the tender.
- Experience working with Vietnamese government systems at national and provincial level;
- Experience in donor-funded program management and implementation, preferably in southeast Asia;
- Experience working in private sector development.
- Strong ability to multi-task and to handle complex programming challenges;
- Excellent writing, speaking and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience managing market systems development (MSD) programs;
- Experience on DFAT/ Australian government contracts;
- Strong understanding of Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE) issues in Vietnam and internationally;
- Experience of applying the DCED Standard for Results Measurement;
- Experience working in rural water supply systems in developing countries;
- Vietnamese language skills.