Expressions of Interest: Communications Specialist_INOVASI
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Governments of Australia and Indonesia are partnering through INOVASI, an education program which aims to find out how to improve literacy and numeracy for Indonesia's students. Funded by the Australian Government in partnership with the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture (MoEC), INOVASI is a subnational education program with a budget of AUD 49 million, which started in January 2016 and will run until 2019. It focuses on understanding and tackling learning challenges, particularly those related to literacy and numeracy skills, at the heart of the education system-- in the classroom and the school (including madrasah). Nusa Tenggara Barat (NTB) is INOVASI's first partner province that began implementation in early 2017. Three more partner provinces (NTT - Sumba Island, East Java and North Kalimantan) have begun implementation in mid-2017.
INOVASI will use a new approach to focus on what works in classrooms and schools. It will work with teachers, principals and local officials to identify what problems need to be solved to help students learn better and find out the best way to solve these problems by jointly piloting either (i) local solutions or (ii) practices successfully trialled elsewhere which are adapted to the local context. INOVASI will evaluate these pilots to see which are successful in improving student literacy and numeracy. The pilot activities will focus on student learning and classroom teaching. The three areas of focus are: 1) Strengthening the quality of teaching and learning in the classroom; 2) Improving the support provided to teachers so they can teach better; and 3) Enabling all children in the classroom, particularly girls and children with disabilities, to reach their potential in learning
INOVASI is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
Short Term Advisor Panel
INOVASI maintains a pool of pre-qualified individual international and national consultants across various technical disciplines who may be called upon to provide services as required by the program on a regular or ad-hoc basis.
INOVASI is currently requesting Expressions of Interest from international or national consultants with one or more of the following specialisations:
- Copy editing, English
- Copy editing, Bahasa Indonesia
- Interpretation including simultaneous interpretation
- Story writing and training
- Media engagement
- Video production and editing
- Website design
- Graphic design
Under the overall direction of Communications Manager, Communications Specialists will undertake various pieces of work which will be defined by specific scope of work developed for each consultancy. The scope of work may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Provide advice and leadership on topics related to consultant's specialisation;
- Generate, edit, and/or translate content (original text, images, video, reports, URLs, etc) to encourage meaningful dialogue and connections with INOVASIs audiences.
- Use relevant computer software packages;
- Incorporate changes recommended by the INOVASI team into the final design/product;
- Consult with document authors on INOVASI team to ensure final design/product meets requirements;
- Ensure that designs/products are prepared to schedule;
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the Communications Manager consistent with the consultants qualifications and experience.
All the Communication Specialists will possess the following basic qualifications and experience:
- Relevant academic qualifications and work experience
- Ability to accept tasks on relatively short notice and demonstrated ability to deliver results to specified deadlines.
- A flexible approach when working in a team, and Openness to feedback and willingness to make changes.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs/products.
- Ability to prioritise, multitask, and work independently.
- Experience in development and/or education sector is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is desirable.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter stating the position they are applying for and addressing the selection criteria as listed above. The CV must contain names and contact details of two individuals who could provide references including at least one immediate supervisor.
Due to the anticipated level of response, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Palladium embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we welcome applications from all, including from female applicants and people with disability. We aim to provide a work environment which is inclusive, supportive and safe for all of our employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. A copy of Palladium's Child Protection Guidelines is available on our website: thepalladiumgroup.com/policies
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. All applications should be submitted through the Palladium website. Should you experience any issues lodging an application online please contact email@example.com stating the position in the subject line