Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium seeks a Finance Manager for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) - Task Order 7 - Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
The purpose of Task Order 7 is to implement priority primary health interventions in the FCT state to strengthen the state local area council (LAC) and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
Task Order 7 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
The Finance Manager is a full-time position to support the State Finance and Administration Director for Task Order 7. The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth processing of financial information. The role encompasses oversight of the financial operations and finance employees.
Reports to: State Finance and Administration Director
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
This position is Open until a qualified candidate is identified and selected for the position.
o Support senior level finance and operations staff to ensure that project deliverables are met;
o Review financial and operational content for appropriate project reports.
o Support the annual workplan process and other strategic planning processes
o Assists in overseeing overall financial system implementation including controls and standards for IHP state offices
o Reviews and maintains strong system of internal controls to ensure accurate financial reporting
o Examines financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data
o Monitors disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with Palladium's financial policies and procedures
o Works with finance team and technical leads to manage and forecast cash needs for Nigeria offices
o Regularly reviews cash management practices, develop, and provide feedback on cash risk mitigation strategies
- University graduate and Master's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant masters-level degree.CPA, Chartered Accountancy, other relevant professional certification, or additional 8 years of relevant professional experience accepted as alternative to Master's Degree.
- At least 8 years of work experience in broader finance and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Experience directly managing finance and administration staff persons;
- Proven problem identification and resolution experience with budgeting, forecasting, banking, tax authorities, foreign currency transactions, and other related issues;
- Capacity and/or experience in designing and implementing Value for Money standards and decision-making;
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.