Financial Management Assistant (Analyst)
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium has an opening for a Financial Analyst within the Financial Management department. The person in this position will be responsible for assisting in the development of annual work plans and pipeline budgets, reviewing budgets and financial reports for accuracy, and other ad hoc financial requests as needed. Using strong interpersonal and communication skills and additional analytical skills, the incumbent will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and clients with a strong focus on customer service.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides general program financial assistance to project technical staff and administrators
- Assembles, formats, and maintains budget/financial information for new, existing, and ending contracts
- Analyzes posted cost and revenue to actuals posted. Researches issues and initiates AP, GL, and revenue adjustments as needed
- Assists in the preparation and review of budget realignments, narrations, and justifications
- Creates/modifies budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements
- Ensures compliance with government contracting regulations
- Performs the initial job setup function and on-going project maintenance within the corporate accounting system
- Generates monthly project accruals
- Works collaboratively with technical staff on project forecasting
- Administers project reconciliations by ledger account
- Assists with monthly project financial reporting, and various ad hoc reports
- Assists with monthly close process
- Assists with the implementation of the ERP system
- Some travel may be required
The role reports to the Director of Financial Management. Reporting requirements include:
- The role will form part of the Finance Department and will be required to liaise closely with the Finance Team, Project Directors, and Project Operations, and other company employees
- Authority levels
- The role will be required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Director, Financial Management
- The role will also be expected to contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost effective ideas/suggestions
- Bachelor?s degree in financial management, business administration, accounting, economics, or related field
- At least 3 years of working with donor-funded budgets, preferably USAID
- Deltek Costpoint experience is preferred
- Strong accounting, business, and administration skills
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office ? particularly Excel