Gender-Smart Investing Specialist, CATALYZE Innovative Blended Finance Project
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
To oversee and contribute to development of a pipeline of investor-grade deals that support women's economic empowerment and equality in target countries and sectors. The Gender-smart Investing Specialist will be an important member of the USAID-funded $250 Million CATALYZE program, which will mobilize $2 Billion in blended finance over an eight-year period.
ResponsibilitiesProvide technical leadership and support
Lead and support project management
- Engage with entrepreneurs, USAID, and other donor and commercial projects in target countries to catalyze interest in innovative finance
- Engage with a broad network of stakeholders including businesses, international impact investors, local financial intermediaries, NGOs, transaction advisors and other service providers to develop a pipeline of investor-grade deals (or deals that could be made investor-grade with blended finance interventions). Apply a gender lens in assessing and shaping investment opportunities
- Provide direction and guidelines to technical teams and implementing partners in the development and execution of a robust pipeline of innovative financing transactions and ensure transactions are designed to promote women's economic empowerment and equality (WEEE)
- Develop and maintain relationships with a network of investment support providers as well as potential investors especially focused on WEEE
- Provide technical and managerial inputs, guidance and oversight to project partners
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships with consultants and partners who can provide technical expertise;
- Develop new approaches for delivering WEEE outcomes using blended finance through research; networking; and rigorous monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies, policy and programme approaches and results to demonstrate thought leadership
- Other duties as required
- Lead or contribute to project work planning, budgeting, progress and financial reporting
- In close collaboration with the Chief of Party/Executive Director, manage sub-awardees and consultants, both international and local, to ensure that their performance meets or exceed technical and financial contractual requirements
- Identify project performance and contract issues and lead or support their timely resolution as appropriate
- Use an adaptive management approach to advise project senior management to quickly adopt and scale cost-effective strategies and activities
- The role reports to the Executive Director, CATALYZE
- The role will be required to liaise closely with members of the home office Project Management Unit, field staff, home office staff, implementing partners, and clients
- The Gender-smart Investing Specialist is a member of the Economic Growth Practice, Americas Business Partnership, Palladium International LLC.
RequirementsHighly desirable candidates will have
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Proven expertise in Gender Smart Investing, investing with a gender lens, or similar framework
- Extensive experience in the inclusive finance, blended finance, and impact investing field
- Existing relationships with local, regional, and/or international investors
- Demonstrated familiarity with relevant ecosystem actors including impact investors, DFIs, technical specialists in gender sector assessments, transaction advisors, USAID and other donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working proficiency in Spanish or French (preferred)
- Sound client relationship management skills
- People management skills
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of thirteen weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere