Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor - Niger/Burkina Faso
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is recruiting for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Health Service Delivery project in Niger and Burkina Faso. The goal of this project is to improve the access and quality of high impact maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health, family planning, and nutrition services at the community, primary health facility, and secondary levels of care. The project will strengthen health service delivery systems and operate at the regional and commune level in USAID-targeted regions. It will also engage national level stakeholders on key policies and capacities that affect service delivery. The position will be based in Niamey with travel to project operation sites such as: Tillaberi, Maradi, and Zinder in Niger, and Centre-Nord, Est, and Sahel in Burkina Faso.
- Facilitates the adoption of a state-owned, integrated approaches to promoting gender and social inclusion in reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services, at all levels of the health sector. The position ensures roll-out of gender and social inclusion strategies that reduce maternal and under-five mortality, and increase enabling environments for utilization of integrated health services
- Advocates with and to the Central, State and Local government agencies for development of supportive policies and regulations, as necessary and appropriate, in support of equitable, integrated primary health and secondary health services.
- Builds capacity and institutionalizes gender and social inclusion analysis of integrated health services at the central, state, local and community levels
- Contributes to the project's collaborating, learning, and adaptation (CLA) activities and the development of knowledge management products related to integrated reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition services. Applies lessons learned to improve the program design and implementation in project supported states;
- Master's degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or Social work preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience providing gender and social inclusion advisory services for USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred
- Excellent advocacy and leadership skills, including the ability to engage the Ministry of Health and health providers to promote respectful services and inclusive engagement to increase utilization and adoption of health services
- Strong interpersonal skills required for working with project staff, donors and beneficiaries
- Nationals of Niger Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Palladium is an EEO/AA employer and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, and veterans. Interested? Please submit your CV to the Palladium Group website. Applications close on July 25, 2019
. Only successful applicants will be contacted